Ballistic Beer brews beer at several Queensland homes, but much of it is brewed in Salisbury.
If you want to join them in this brewery, they hire a production team leader.
Job Description: Production Team Leader
Ballistic Beer is a multi-award winning brewery with five home locations across Queensland. We are passionate about crafting and delivering the best possible beer experience for everyone, regardless of taste, knowledge and preference or style.
We promote our core values at every opportunity – Fostering community, striving for quality and excellence, striving for continuous improvement and always ensuring care, acceptance and respect.
We are a young company working in the dynamic brewery and hospitality industry and believe that beer is the best drink in the world! It encourages conversation, nurtures community and fosters collaboration.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have worked in breweries in the brewing and quality departments and will be looking to progress into a supervisory role within a brewery.
The Brewery Production Team Leader reports to the Head Brewer and plays a “hands-on” role encompassing the day-to-day management of the performance of the brewery and the brewery team, as well as the operational duties of the brewery, at the need.
Brewery operational tasks
- Wort production
- Washing and filling of barrels
- Help in the packaging line
- Fermenters CIP and BBT
- Dry Hopping
- Cultivation, storage and inoculation of yeast
The main functions of this role include:
- Supervise and develop a small team of brewers
- Work with the Quality Manager to oversee quality control, lab and cleaning
- Regular maintenance of the brewhouse and other brewery equipment
- Assistance in the development of new products
- Participate in marketing activities as required including events and trade shows/festivals etc.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The love of quality beer
- The ability to lead a team
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a production brewery
- Strong technical knowledge of brewing, packaging, brewing and sensory science
- A mechanistic nature
- Well-developed communication skills
- Current Australian driving license
- QLD and RSA forklift license preferred
A beer related qualification or relevant tertiary/commercial experience will be highly appreciated.
This is a full-time position based at our Salisbury brewery.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to: [email protected]
For more information, please call Kerie Obrien on 0408 275 807.