Production vet Jason Botkin started A Fresh Face in Hell, a film production company with bases of operations in Seattle and Los Angeles.
Botkin is the owner and general manager of the new company named after its never say die approach to production and will provide full-service production solutions for advertising and brands. Botkin has over 20 years of experience in commercial production companies, including as an EP at B-Reel Films, Furlined and Cap Gun Collective. He is also known for creating Streetgang Films, a music video production company that launched the careers of many top directors today.
A Fresh Face in Hell opens with a list of directors that includes:
- Olof Lindh, visual storyteller known for his work on Gradifi and Whirlpool from Goodby Silverstein & Partners. Lindh was previously at B-Reel Films.
- Meiko Takechi Arquillos, a well-known commercial photographer turned director. This is his first post on the list for commercial production.
- Casper Balslev, seasoned business manager, photojournalist and owner of New Land Films. Balslev had been at RSA for many years.
- Aaron Brown, longtime collaborator of Arctic Monkeys music videos. Previously at Skunk
- Tom Haines, renowned music video maker and documentary expert for the BBC, Tate and Channel 4. Previously at B-Reel Films.
- David Robert Mitchell, Favorite Independent Director of Critically Acclaimed Films It follows and Under the Silver Lake. This is his first post on the list for commercial production.
- Industry veteran Chris Volckmann known for his directorial work with REI, Amazon and Nike. Volckmann was previously replaced at Unheard Of.
- And Austin Wilson, music documentary filmmaker who has produced profiles for Iron & Wine and Band of Horses. Wilson was previously replaced at Society.
For directors’ representation, A Fresh Face in Hell works with Kevin Batten and Crystal Bedford at PopArts on the West Coast, Chiara Chung at CCCo. in the Midwest, and Dani Ostrowski of MoreMilkToast Co. on the east coast.
In addition to production, Fresh Face also offers in-house post-production capabilities including editorial, telecine, online, VFX, design and animation.